Get the VNA Advantage
- We take added measures to continually enhance your patient experience
- We aim to exceed data from national surveys and benchmarks
- Our achievements are your assurance of excellent care
Winter Weather Preparedness
It is important to be prepared for hazardous travel conditions during the winter weather months. Below are some steps that everyone can take to ensure the VNA is well-prepared to care for our patients and families, even in the midst of severe weather.
In the event of a storm, all those in essential positions are required to report to work as scheduled. Essential positions include those that impact the delivery of patient care as well as support positions with 24-hour staffing including, but not limited to, nursing, dietary, laundry, laboratories and pharmacy.
Please follow these tips to stay safe:
- Anticipate school closings and arrange dependent care ahead of time when possible
- Make sure your vehicle’s fuel tank is full and you have a blanket, medications, bottled water, non-perishable food and a flashlight in case you get stranded
- Allow ample travel time to work
- Ensure your home has an adequate supply of batteries, flashlights, pet food, medications, a manual can opener and a radio
- If there is a driving ban, carry and present your Kaleida Health employee ID badge
- Management will be notified by the emergency paging system or by phone call if you are required to report to the command center at your site
- Your manager or supervisor may contact you to provide further direction, so be sure your cell phone is on and fully charged
- Plan ahead for the possibility of working longer shifts than usual; bring a packed bag with your essentials (medications, change of clothes, toiletries, etc.), in case you are at the facility for an extended period of time
When it comes to an emergency situation, having a plan can help protect you and your loved ones. That is why Erie County developed a mobile app that helps its citizens properly prepare and stay informed during and after a disaster. You will be able to create your family emergency plan and get a list of the go-kit supplies in just under a minute. In addition, you will receive the latest updates and necessary information on evacuation routes, shelters, available emergency services and much more, should a disaster strike. Download the ReadyErie Community Preparedness App for FREE:
From your mobile device, go to https://readydl.com/ready-erie.
- Select “App Store” if you are using an iPhone or “Google Play” if you are using an Android device
- Click on "Get" then launch the app
All employees are expected to be aware of their department’s emergency communication process. If you have questions about your role at your facility, please contact your manager.
Prepare Niagara App
The Prepare Niagara app will serve as a new way for the Department of Emergency Services to connect with Niagara County residents and visitors, providing information quickly and efficiently to anyone with a smartphone.
Emergencies and Inclement Weather Policy
Refer to Kaleida Health Policy and Procedure Manual HR 011 – Emergencies and Inclement Weather for help as you prepare and respond to weather-related issues and assure we have the staff needed to care for our patients.